Y The Blog ?

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Long Weekends ?

Yet another long weekend went past in a jiffy. Once again couple of my friends and me went on a long road trip. For some reasons I don't get tired of these road-trips. The part that I love the most about these road-trips is that there is very little or no planning that goes into it. Wake up one morning rent a car and start driving, go places, meet different people, try different food, its out right fun, trust me.

Added to all these; songs from my prodigious music collection packed into my iRiver mp3 player is a treat to the ears on such long trips. We get to re-live our nostagia through these songs. Particularly, I have literally grown listening to Illayaraja's sensational numbers and pretty much every song takes me to those periods of my life.

That reminds me, for the first time I got hold of some FLAC encoded IR songs. They sound much better than the regular 128kbps mp3 but, file size is a little high at ~25MB for a 4 minute song. I still wonder why music is not recorded on surround/dolby, music should let go the stereotyped stereo(pun blatantly intended) and incorporate surround/dolby, that way we can give much more definition to music and also use our expensive home theater systems effectively to listen to music.

One interesting/little scary thing happened on our road-trip this time. One of my friend in his attempt to park the car at the hotel parking lot where we stayed hit the gas pedal instead of the brakes and ran into the building. I was sitting in the passenger seat and was horrified for a moment. We were driving a Nissan Murano which is a pretty rugged SUV. It a powerful SUV with a sensitive gas pedal, the slight gas that he gave was enough for it to uproot couple of supporting pillars and punch a hole on the side wall :-)

Nobody was hurt including the car, the hotel manager was pretty cool as if such incidents were very common. Anyways our asses were completely covered by the insurance otherwise we would have had to spend a fortune to fix the property damage.

2 Comments:

  • Yahoo! I got a mention in your blog. But in dubious circumstances though! :-(
    Anyways, I too have come to enjoy long road-trips as it helps you to see so many things in so little a time!

    By Blogger Raga, at 3:28 pm, September 16, 2005  

  • u bet! u r there on top of the "Road Trip Hall of Fame" list ;-) btw, how did u get here ?

    By Blogger ~ythee~, at 4:04 pm, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home