Y The Blog ?

Friday, August 26, 2005

Rape City !

No ! I am not talking about Quentin Tarantino's next movie, it's about the abysmally demented male population of our capital city. Almost everyday I hear atleast one rape incident. I wonder if the situation is really this bad or is the wanton sensationalization by the media. In either case it goes to show how our sense of civility has deteriorated in the recent times. It feels quite repulsive to wake up to news like "Neighbour rapes woman", "Relative helps Rape", "Gang rape in car" . Something is seriously wrong in Delhi, with all the heads of the state sitting in the same city and not being able to do anything. The situation is much better is Bihar, kidnappings and assassinations are far better than sexually exploiting female humility.

I think the sex offence being committed by teacher in the US has caught on with India too; yesterday there was a news about a headmaster of a school in Hyderabad clicking nude photographs of one of his students. The great cities of our country are now becoming very popular for the wrong reasons. Also makes me wonder if these have suddenly caught our attention just because they are being reported in as many TV channels and newspapers. Were these sex related offenses being committed at the same rate all along but never attracted the media's attention? I doubt if someone even from Delhi will be able to comment on this trend.

It is a disgrace for a country that boasts about its strong cultural and social values. Why is Delhi not as safe as Bombay, Gujarat or for that matter Chennai? Though such incidents have become a common place in the whole of India, Delhi has been topping the list in terms of the rate at which such crimes are being committed. It is a sign of total breakdown of law enforcement. People are getting away with such crimes without punishment or with punishments not as intensive as they should be. The only way to fix this issue is to pass a law that will empower castration of all those sex predators found guilty and make them regret their mistake for the rest of their lives.

The only way for me to vehemently denounce these barbaric acts is to make a blog post, hence.

6 Comments:

  • I don't even want to begin talking about how sick all this is... Was reading tehelka a few days back where i came across this article about a 'silent revolution' of sorts... the lady belonged to bangalore. Her methodology was great. She would approach all those eyeing her and ask for permission to take their pictures. Of course, this would put the guy in a tight spot. It was awsome
    Between, have you finally figured out 'Y the Blog?' :)

    By Blogger Shivangi Misra, at 12:36 am, August 27, 2005  

  • Oops that sounds scary; from now on I will think twice if a lady me approaches me for a photo :-)

    I've had a tough time trying to figure the "y the blog" thing. Initially, I thought since everyone was into this blogging thing; I should too. Then realized that it was taking a lot my precious time and wondered what I was getting out of it. Now, when I look back I quickly can see how I spent a whole year.

    It is starting to make sense. I try not to spend too much on this, though.

    By Blogger ~ythee~, at 10:41 am, August 27, 2005  

  • nice article.....
    keep it up....

    By Blogger saurav, at 6:00 am, August 30, 2005  

  • thanks Avik

    By Blogger ~ythee~, at 7:12 pm, August 30, 2005  

  • have even written to the higher officials but they do not hv courage to reply me back as they were themselves involved in it .....i feel every women should turn into a bandit queen and butcher the culprits in front of people . is the only solution.

    By Blogger meetu, at 1:37 am, August 31, 2005  

  • yeeks the name delhi sounds sick to me! sorry to say delhi aint good in any aspect of life!!anyways its us who make the city and the country so it is good that a person like u have started it it wud grow and hope the capital gets alright in the near future

    By Blogger Anand SV, at 7:34 am, September 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home