Y The Blog ?

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

M.O. Srinivasan passes away...!

MOS as we used to call him; was an established cricketer and an aficionado of the "bajan" culture. He has to his credit a compilations of few hundred "bajans" in the form of a book, I think I still have a copy with me.

MOS represented tamilnadu in a unofficial test against Australia in 1945-46. He played first class cricket alongside Vijay merchant, Lala Amarnath, Vijay hazare and Rusi modi. MOS lived next our apartment complex (Anand flats in thiruvanmiur). We used to spend our summer vacation by planting trees and saplings in his garden and joining him during his bajan sessions. He often used to reward us for the work with chocolates. In few occasions I also accompanied him during his bajan recitals; I used to get paid Rs. 25 :-) for the job, big time money then. MOS passed away on Monday the 14th of June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home