Y The Blog ?

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Ethiopian Food

Well, yet another weekend, was wondering what to cook and finally decided to eat out. One of my cousin actually suggested ethiopian food sometime back; with me getting all sick and tired of my own food it was the right to try something as seemingly exotic as ethiopian, though I didn;t have a clue for what was in store :-)

So this sunday evening myself and couple of my friends we took directions to couple of ethiopian restaurants in downtown seattle and started the trip. This is rather becoming cliched but I have to admit we got lost and had to call up the restaurant folks and get the directions. The women that picked up the phone had this funny african accent, she couldn't follow my accent and vice-versa. Somehow I managed to understand that it was 24th and Cheery Ave. intersection and finally we reached the place.

It was a small restaurant setup inside a typical suburban house, dimly lit and africans folks with a bright smile. We did attract some attention but was momemtary, everyone got back to what they were doing pretty quickly. So, we quickly browsed throught the menu and the only vegitarian stuff was something called "Veg. combination", it talked about a lot of things the description sounded like something a salad with curry, with the all the apprehension in our minds, we went ahead and ordered 3 servings of "Veg. Combination". I about 10 minutest the food arrived, it was totally unexpected, it was like a big "Dosai", roughly 3 times the size of our regular "Dosai", with 8 different type of curries and exotic side dishes arranged on the Dosai. i was really thrilled to see something like that. And, without the slightest surprise the food was awesome. The spices they had used had a peculiar smell though, but it tasted really good. In all it was worth the time and money we spent on it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home